See and feel brilliant alignment and perfect impact position.
The goal of the Putting Sword is to bring focus to rolling your putts on the correct starting line. This is the result of the putter face being perfectly square to the target line when it impacts the ball.
Now the Sword is available in a Standard (1.68" width) and a TOUR version (1.25" width). Given the margins for error, the TOUR version is twice as difficult as the standard.
The width of the Sword is calibrated with a margin of error so it mimics making putts of longer lengths.
A Few Calculations:
- A Golf Ball is 1.68". The cup is 4.25". The .5" on the bottom of the ball contacts the putting surface.
- The Sword is the width of the ball. When the ball goes off line .5" it falls off the Sword.
- This margin of error combined with the length of the putt creates a direction angle the putt can roll off-line and still fall in the cup.
- If the putt rolls off the end of the Sword then it will go in the cup from the distances marked.
Tour Average Drill
- Tour players make 75% of 5' putts, and 50% of 8' putts.
- Use the marks on the Sword to see if you can putt at Tour skill level.
Create the Ultimate Putting Station